OK, here is the english section.

Modérateur : Team Modération

Répondre
Chupathingy
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

Aide du besoin avec des cracktros.

Message par Chupathingy »

Je fais des excuses si ceci est écrit étrangement, I' Américain de m et I'm utilisant BabelFish. Je ne parle pas français du tout.

Quoi qu'il en soit, j'essayais d'obtenir une copie de DreamAgain' la collection de s Cracktro, mais il s'avère que le lien de téléchargement est absent et il n'y a aucun cours d'instruction sur la façon dont faire mes propres.

Est-ce que quelqu'un pourrait ici me donner un cours d'instruction sur la façon dont je peux faire ceci moi-même ? Beaucoup de mercis.

Si vous pouvez lire l'anglais, cliquez sur le spoiler.

[spoiler=]Please excuse any poor spelling, I'm American and I am using BabelFish to translate for me. I speak no French whatsoever.

Anyways, I've been trying to get a copy of DreamAgain's Cractro collection, but it appears that it's not on the site. I was just wondering if someone would be kind enough to point me to a tutorial telling me how to make my own.

Very many thanks in advance.[/spoiler]

-Chupa
Venom
Team Modération
Team Modération

Re: Aide du besoin avec des cracktros.

Message par Venom »

Hi,
The cracktro CD was a project, we tried to make one but it doesn't work very well so we are in search of someone who will be able to help us.
Here is a translation of the site which explain how to view the cracktros at this time:
The original in french a écrit :Qu'en faire? Les fichiers binaires sont fournis tel quel, il y a 2 solutions pour les admirer:
La première consiste à envoyer le binaire à votre Dreamcast via coder cable (si vous en possédez un)
La seconde consiste à utiliser Chankast en ligne de commande pour lancer le binaire (pour les cracktros qui sont émulables par Chankast -donc pas tous-) via la commande:
chankast.exe -file:<fichierBinaire> -nogui
Pour le Cracktros'CD, nous recherchons un programmeur Dreamcast (nous contacter ^_^).
My translation in english a écrit :What to do with the cracktros ? The binaries are given as is, there is 2 solutions to see them:
The first one is to send the binary to your Dreamcast with a coder cable (if you own one)
The second one is to use chankast in command-line to launch the binary (for all the cracktros chankast can launch -not all-) with the command:
chankast.exe -file:<nameofthebinaryfile> -nogui
For the Cracktro'sCD, we are looking for a Dreamcast programmer. (contact us ^_^).
Sorry if my english isn't very good, I don't speak it very often...
Chupathingy
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

J'étais à cet emplacement plus tôt ce soir, et j'ai déjà téléchargé chaque introduction là. Utilisant un émulateur travaille, je devinent. Avec le vrai système, bien que, il soit comme avoir votre gâteau et le manger aussi. Mais avec un émulateur, au lieu de vrai gâteau délicieux, il est comme le gâteau d'imitation insipide volumineux qui a été laissé au soleil pendant 4 jours… C'est toujours gâteau, mais… ce n'est pas juste pareil. Désolé à ce sujet, il a lieu tôt le matin et j'ai été vers le haut de rechercher toute la nuit cette substance. Queest-ce que j'ai voulu dire pour demander étais ceci - comment avez-vous fait la collection ? Ce serait une grande manière de commencer à coder et tels en prenant someone's programme de s et compilation de lui moi-même, apprenant comment les choses fonctionnent pendant que je vais le long. D'ailleurs, votre anglais est très bon.

Je ne veux obstruer votre forum plus, ainsi je mets la version anglaise dans les étiquettes de spoiler encore. Encore, merci à l'avance de l'aide.

[spoiler=]I was at that site earlier tonight, and I have already downloaded every intro there. Using an emulator works, I guess. With the real system, though, it is like having your cake and eating it too. But with an emulator, instead of delicious real cake, it is like chunky tasteless imitation cake that has been left in the sun for 4 days... It is still cake, but... it is just not the same.

Sorry about that, it is early in the morning and I have been up all night researching this stuff.

What I meant to ask was this - how did you make the collection?

It would be a great way to start coding and such by taking someone's program and compiling it myself, learning how things work as I go along.

By the way, your English is very good.[/spoiler]
Venom
Team Modération
Team Modération

Message par Venom »

I understand you, we were very disapointed too when we saw making the CD was more difficult that we thought. :(
We collected all the cracktros on all the Dreamcast games made by the warez scene, so there is not only the cracktro but also the executable of the game on our website.
We tried to extract only the cracktros but it's not very easy to do, we hoped that someone would try to do it if he can and contact us for help.
If you find all the warez games by echelon, paradox or eurasia you could see the cracktros before the game launch (but it is barely illegal).
The cracktro's CD we tried to make was done with my tutorial, some cracktros worked without music, some didn't at all.
Some programmers tried to help us but with no luck. :(

For now I don't know what we can do, if you have an idea on how to make a disc we 're all listening. :)
Chupathingy
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

Alright, screw the translator.

I'm going to just think out loud for a moment.

(takes drag from cigarette)

Let's do a quick history lesson to see how we got to where we are now.

First, DC release groups like Echelon and Paradox would release games that had intros. These intros contained info about the game, greetz, etc. Basically just a Dreamcast Demo with a game included. Alright, sounds good.
-
However, Echelon had a bit of a problem with some of their intros, for example Sega Smash Pack Volume One. When you were done watching the intro and hit start to get to the game, sometimes the intro would generate a high-pitched sound that was just plain annoying. People got pissed at it, and long story short, guides were written detailing how to remove the intros.
-
So far we have game intros with high pitched annoying sounds and gamers wishing to do away with them. Open up the hex editor, find the intro, delete it, save the new intro-less file, burn it, play it, happiness.
-
Theoretically, so long as the DC CD-Rom you made contains the correct code allowing it to run, it will load any and all code you can throw at it.
-
Here's where it gets interesting. (lights another cigarette)

Multi-game menus are nothing new. The PlanetWeb browser is a good example of using a menu to select from multiple games on one disc. But an even better multi-game menu, a homebrew one at that, is SBInducer. If I remember correctly, once you loaded up a game in SBInducer, the only way to reboot is to turn the system off and on again. Then again, you could eliminate the need to manually restart the system by attaching the intro not to a game, but a small program whose only purpose is to hard-reset the system once executed.
-
What does all that mean?

Essentially, use a homebrew multi-game menu program to load up the intros which are part of small reset apps. Once you get bored of the intro, hit the start button, restart the DC, and choose another one.

Of course, this will take a lot of time, and a lot of cd-r burning, but if you have a basic understanding of how code works, then you should have no worries. (I really don't have any idea on how to code, I just remember that 2+2=4 and work from there. This is all an educated guess. :D )

(takes another drag off the cigarette)

Wow, did I actually just come up with that?

Anyway, yeah. I hope this made some sort of sense, because I tend to go on like this after an extended period of no sleep.
Chupathingy
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

Sorry about double posting, but I'm doing a bit of research into this matter and I should have it sorted out later today.

Until then, take care!
Venom
Team Modération
Team Modération

Message par Venom »

However, Echelon had a bit of a problem with some of their intros, for example Sega Smash Pack Volume One. When you were done watching the intro and hit start to get to the game, sometimes the intro would generate a high-pitched sound that was just plain annoying. People got pissed at it, and long story short, guides were written detailing how to remove the intros.
Do you know where to find these guides ? I think it would be very useful for us.
I just found this for echelon, I think we could try.
6.3. Removing the Echelon intro
Credits to jc of dcwarez.

Some people may wish to remove the Echelon intro for one reason or another, a major one being that the intro sometimes screws up the sound/music initialization in their rip of Unreal Tournament (making it emit a nasty screeching sound until a game is started).
(Following example applies to DOA2LE. You can use a similar method for the other games, but the file size will be different.)

1. Extract the 1ST_READ.BIN file from the CDI or your CD.
2. Fire up your hex-editor (I like HEdit or Hex Workshop) and open 1ST_READ.BIN, go to offset 0xF0000 and copy the Hex all the way to 983040 (the end).
3. Make a new file 1929928 bytes large, and paste the contents of the clipboard into it.
4. Save the file, and place it into a directory (ie, C:\SELFBOOTDOA2LE), and extract the data from the CD or the CDI file into that directory as well. Now just follow ECHELON's self-boot tutorial and re-image the CD.
It's funny that everyone want to remove them and that we want to keep them. :)

I found too that if we try to binhack some binaries, that screw everything because they are compressed so the original code is erased, maybe it's one of the problems we had.
There's also GD-ROM rip now so maybe we could make a comparison between the original 1st_read bin and the cracktro's one.

I'm not a programmer either, so I understand what you say but I can't do anything more.
The only thing I know is that we tried SBInducer and it didn't work, I don't know if edd tried with a "dreamon" based disc, maybe it should work.

Thanks for trying to help, the project of the cracktro disc was asleep since some time. (for now we use the time we have to work on a new design for dreamagain)
edd
Administrateur
Administrateur

Message par edd »

Here what we've done:
http://dreamagain.free.fr/CRCKTROS/DA_CTCD.rar

The problem is that there is no sound with that method...
-|- edd -|- W&W player!
ImageImage
merci de privilégier le formulaire de contact aux MP s'il s'agit d'une demande/ajout concernant le site
Répondre