Help making Multiple Cd

OK, here is the english section.

Modérateur : Team Modération

Alan
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

Help making Multiple Cd

Message par Alan »

Hi Everyone, i need really help, i trying du make a Multiple CD, and searched overall for Tutorials.. but have nothing found, but then i found this Site :D THX i have tryded, and i think i made everything, right, have scrample it with bootdream and make a cdi, but the nulldlc emulator wont load it, and now i dont have a blank cd to test on my dreamcast, what iam making wrong, another cd works fine.. but its not from me.
please help me.
edd
Administrateur
Administrateur

Message par edd »

Hi,
Hard to know what you have made wrong if you don't explain exactly what you've made. Which kind of multiple disc did you try?

--> (a possibility) did you binhack all?
-|- edd -|- W&W player!
ImageImage
merci de privilégier le formulaire de contact aux MP s'il s'agit d'une demande/ajout concernant le site
Alan
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

Message par Alan »

ok, sry i have forgotten to mention.
i have all made like this http://dreamagain.free.fr/layout.php?p=tutocomEN
only skipped the 3 part, because dont have blank cds.
but i make a image file with bootdreams... but i think it dont work.
edd
Administrateur
Administrateur

Message par edd »

3rd part is not only burning but "binhacking" binairies too. If you don't binahck the menu binary, the IP.BIN won't find this 1st_read.bin and you'll be redirect to the CD Audio Player. If you don't do the same (and before) with the game binaries, they won't load...
-|- edd -|- W&W player!
ImageImage
merci de privilégier le formulaire de contact aux MP s'il s'agit d'une demande/ajout concernant le site
Venom
Team Modération
Team Modération

Message par Venom »

Hi.

If you don't have a blank CD, try to find a CD-RW to make the multigame disc, then do all the tutorial.

Once it's done you can make an iso of your RW to play on NullDC if you want. (and then burn it on a blank CD when you have one for your real Dreamcast)

I'm pretty sure bootdreams doesn't work with my tutorial so it's best for you to don't use it.
edd
Administrateur
Administrateur

Message par edd »

It could if:
- the binairies are prevouisly binhacked
- bootdreams use 11702 offset (or another but to be known)
-|- edd -|- W&W player!
ImageImage
Venom
Team Modération
Team Modération

Message par Venom »

Ok, I don't use bootdreams, I tried some software to make the tutorial but they were all made for homebrew so it doesn't work very well...

I didn't know we could change the offset on bootdreams.
Alan
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

Message par Alan »

ok thx, thats mean, i really need that blank rw or cd r?
hmm but can you explain why this must be burnt? for whats is this good, ok i think i have a cd rw... but i cant find it :S ahhhh iam going to search right now, thx. and sry for my bad english.
edd
Administrateur
Administrateur

Message par edd »

Because binairies have to be binhacked with the correct offset. And this offset depends on the position of the end of the boot track (audio track). To know this position, to burn the track is a good way.
But if you know the offset of the end of your boot track, you can binhack binairies only then bootmake.
-|- edd -|- W&W player!
ImageImage
Alan
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

Message par Alan »

ok, i make everything like in the tutorial. only skipped this cdrecord -dev=*,*,* -xa1 data.iso because this makes the cd right ?
and have now a data.iso. but when i mout it and start it with nulldc emulator, there dont boot it.. its show me that is a audio cd ??? what i am making wrong :(
Venom
Team Modération
Team Modération

Message par Venom »

The data.iso must be burn after the audio track which is the boot of the CD.
This is this line which do it: cdrecord -dev=*,*,* -xa1 data.iso

If you only mount the data.iso the disc is not selfboot so nulldc think it is an audio disc.

I can't understand, why do you want to make a multi-game disc to play on null-dc ?
The idea of the tutorial is to burn some games on a disc to not waste a lot of blank CD.
Do you want to test this on null-dc and then burn it for a real Dreamcast ?
Alan
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

Message par Alan »

Venom a écrit : I can't understand, why do you want to make a multi-game disc to play on null-dc ?
The idea of the tutorial is to burn some games on a disc to not waste a lot of blank CD.
Do you want to test this on null-dc and then burn it for a real Dreamcast ?
ok sry.. i explain it better, this is something diffucutly because my english is not the best :D yes i want to test the cd with nulldc and then when i buy new blank cds burn it for my dreamcast, but i tryed so many things and dont want to waste more cd r when i finnally got new cds. and thats because i want to test it, ok i have burnt it to my rw, but nulldc says that is a audio cd, i think have made everything right and like in the tut, i dont understand why its not working??. and i think when i burn it on a real cdr that my dreamcast says the same like the emualtor ( that is an audi cd..) and this is why i want test the my multi cd. a simply question -> when i hacked the bin, the filesize doesnt change, is that right ?
Venom
Team Modération
Team Modération

Message par Venom »

The multi-game disc works on chankast, don't know on null-dc but if it doesn't work on an emulator don't try to burn it for your Dreamcast it won't work.

If you binhack the file I don't think the filesize will change (I'm pretty sure not) but if edd come here tomorrow I think he knows better than me.

I don't know when in your test it doesn't work, try to read all the tutorial again in case of you made a mistake, if you have troubles don't hesitate to ask.

We discussed a lot for problems encountered on this tutorial but discussions are in french, I don't know if it could help you: viewtopic.php?t=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

1- Are you sure you made all the steps one by one ?
2- Did you use Bootdreams or cdrecord for this disc ?
3- Have you burn the audio track before the data.iso ?
Alan
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

Message par Alan »

Venom a écrit :The multi-game disc works on chankast, don't know on null-dc but if it doesn't work on an emulator don't try to burn it for your Dreamcast it won't work.

If you binhack the file I don't think the filesize will change (I'm pretty sure not) but if edd come here tomorrow I think he knows better than me.

I don't know when in your test it doesn't work, try to read all the tutorial again in case of you made a mistake, if you have troubles don't hesitate to ask.

We discussed a lot for problems encountered on this tutorial but discussions are in french, I don't know if it could help you: viewtopic.php?t=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

1- Are you sure you made all the steps one by one ?
2- Did you use Bootdreams or cdrecord for this disc ?
3- Have you burn the audio track before the data.iso ?
i have made it a few times again.. but no work.. :( i really going dissapointet at all this, because i spend much time and its not working.. i think that it have with the bootsector Intervention because it hangs at the sega logo or its means to be a audio cd. is there a other way to make the image ? or can u make the 1st.bins for me ? and then i replace it ? this must work or no? by the way.. thx for ya help

edit: ah i forgotten
1. yes
2.cd record
3. yes i have
edd
Administrateur
Administrateur

Message par edd »

I'm sure, it works if you do exactly what is written in the tutorial and replace the cdrecord steps by a bootmake step.

In fact, this: http://dreamagain.free.fr/layout.php?p=tutosbbm work as fine as this: http://dreamagain.free.fr/layout.php?p=tutosbbm

But, do you know how to make a selfboot disc by yourself? If not, try this first (it's quite the same for a multigame disc)
Modifié en dernier par edd le 03 avr. 2008 10:13, modifié 1 fois.
-|- edd -|- W&W player!
ImageImage
Répondre