Help making Multiple Cd

OK, here is the english section.

Modérateur : Team Modération

Alan
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

Message par Alan »

hmm then what iam making wrong ? i really maked it like in the tutorial.
i tryed the cdi2bin app already. but the same, its always booting as audio cd -.-. can do you patch the .bins for me ? then it must work am i right ?
edd
Administrateur
Administrateur

Message par edd »

Yes, I'm pretty sure that the problem is that the binairies haven't been binhacked (or with an incorect offset -note you must use the IP.BIN which result of the binhacking of the 1st_read.bin corresponding to the menu). But I can't binhack anything actually because I'm homeless actually (since 3 weeks!) so I can' access to my computer...
-|- edd -|- W&W player!
ImageImage
merci de privilégier le formulaire de contact aux MP s'il s'agit d'une demande/ajout concernant le site
Venom
Team Modération
Team Modération

Message par Venom »

If you want I can patch the .bin for you, just put them on a website like megaupload I will send it back to you patched. :wink:
Alan
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

Message par Alan »

@edd hmm ok.. but why is this not patching -.-?
@venom ? yeah thats be awesome thx u man.
but not all games have a 1st.bin ? whats making with these games ?
http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=5UOOJ62N
Venom
Team Modération
Team Modération

Message par Venom »

All the games have a 1st_read.bin but sometimes it don't have the same name.

Try to find a .bin which could be the 1st_read. (there isn't a lot of .bin on a game so it can't be too difficult)

I looked at your archive and there is something strange:

There is 3 files which have the same size, the 1st_read.bin of the data.iso isn't the good one and have the same size of 2 others. :?

I patched all you send to me and add the good 1st_read.bin of the data.iso patched too. (it's the 3Mo one, I didn't replace yours)
If you do this kind of mistake don't be surprise if it doesn't work. :roll:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4ZU6B9RV
Alan
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

Message par Alan »

i think the size have chance because i have scramble it when it not worked.. but anyway, now iam trying your file, and i hope its magic :D
reporting then...
Venom
Team Modération
Team Modération

Message par Venom »

I think you will go to the game choice but the games will not work for the 2 first at least.
Alan
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

Message par Alan »

Venom a écrit :I think you will go to the game choice but the games will not work for the 2 first at least.
there where good, because then i make extraced the games new and patched ith, i really hope i got to the menu.... but no only a audio cd.. there is something not right about there.. i have make it 20 times and always the same :( and i dont know why it isent working.. when there was a other method to make a workable image.. but all the apps are going the same way.
i really dont now.. probably its really the cd rw.. i think i wait until i get new cd r´s and then try it for real, because all this make no sense, nothing work. thx buddys. now i really dont have an idea..
Venom
Team Modération
Team Modération

Message par Venom »

I don't think it is the RW, I think you made something wrong but I don't know what. :?
Alan
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

Message par Alan »

but what ? i really make everything like written. hmm what du u mean... when u make a iso with nothing... only to test. do you think i can extract the games to the iso ? do you know what i am talking about ? or do you have msn or icq ? and can help me step by step.. then we can show what i made wrong. :)
edd
Administrateur
Administrateur

Message par edd »

Try to do a selfbootable image of the menu.

The IP.BIN of the cd image must be the one used with the binhack of the 1st_read.bin menu.

Everything work fine with no hasard, do you understand the aim of each step? You can't replace a 1st_read.bin by another one (it's the executable of the game).

Which games do you try to put on your compilation (to know if for one of them, the 1st_read.bin has another name).

Because of the things pointed by Venom (bad menu binairy, etc.), I think that you'd better restart from scratch.

Note: binhacking is NOT scambling/unscrambling. to binhack is to specify an offset inside a binary (~), to scramble/unscramble is... to scramble/unscramble (most of the time for homebrew) ;p If you've scrambled or unscrambled one of these bin, it is dead (re-extract it).
-|- edd -|- W&W player!
ImageImage
merci de privilégier le formulaire de contact aux MP s'il s'agit d'une demande/ajout concernant le site
Alan
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

Message par Alan »

yes i know, but i try also with only games that have the 1stread.bin and i bin hacked all bins with binhack.. but the importants bin is the from the menü right ? so i tryd many ways.. but always the same problem. i reall dont know what i can make, because bootdreams and the other programms are not working with that right ? so .. in that case i can only wait for my cd and then we can see or my real dreamcast can read the cd. probably the emu doesnt work good.. or i must boot it with utopia ?

edit: ah end the games are mars matrix, gigawing 2 and super puzzle fighter
Alan
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

Message par Alan »

nooooow its working :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhuuuuuuuuuuuuu
i have made it with another binhack... and bin2dir. and now its working, the games doenst boot.. but this is ok. because i have dont patch the bins from the game, because i wantet to test is. sooo guys. finnally i got it, i really thanking you :) but one last question. how big can the image be ? when its 800 mb can i burn it then like other games that are so big. or it doenst work with this methot ?
Venom
Team Modération
Team Modération

Message par Venom »

Happy that it works. :)

I don't know if it works on a 800Mb disc, I never tried, if you try to make one don't put more than 700Mb or 730Mb on the the disc because it could not fit.

If you make a test tell us if it works. :wink:
Alan
nouveau venu
nouveau venu

Message par Alan »

yeeees very happy ok i make this, but i got another question.

some games doesnt boot ? and have no 1stread.bin
for example.. tetris.. there is only a wince folder and a 0WINCEOS.BIN
and marvel vs capcom 1 does not work.. there was only a o.bin.. i think that this is the 1stread.bin i patched it and rename it und patched it unrenamed (and chance the file dp3.ini to 0.bin .. but this not worked.. is there a games that curently not worked ? because the most games with a 1stread.bin works good :) put i really want to put capcom vs snk and marvel vs capcom 1 on one disc, or probably i need a patch for this game ?

edit: by marvel vs capcom the emulator always says, FAST LINK Possible ??
Répondre